Shizuoka Hotel

• Shizuoka Hotel

Posted by Maike on February 10, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Hi friends, as part of my Japan trip in May this year I will be spending 2 days in Shizuoka. Looks easy enough to get to with the Shinkansen from Tokyo, but then where is a decent hotel to stay at? I have written to Hotel Century Shizuoka as it appears they have a Universal Room on their website, so fingers crossed they will reply to someone English speaking. Any other ideas appreciated!

Accessible Japan replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

February 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Hi @maikebrinckmann !

Sure, would love to help!  Just want to confirm something:

There is a prefecture called Shizuoka, and the biggest city is also called Shizuoka (kinda like New York, New York).  We are talking about Shizuoka City, right? (As opposed to Hamamatsu, Atami, or Izu which are also big shinkansen stops in Shizuoka prefecture)

Let me know and I’ll get digging!

• Maike

February 12, 2019 at 11:30 am

Hi @AccessibleJapan, thanks for your reply. Yes, we are talking about Shizuoka City. I actually had a reply from Hotel Century Shizuoka, which confirmed that they have a wheelchair accessible “Universal Room”, but unfortunately it is booked from 10-12 May. They have now offered a superior twin room, so I will ask about door width, layout etc. to see if it could work for me. If you find anything else please let me know. Thanks, Maike

• Accessible Japan

February 12, 2019 at 4:05 pm

OK, I found these:

Sorry the links are in Japanese but there is a horrible trend of only listing the accessible rooms on the Japanese version of the site!

Skip to content