Support worker/carer for wheelchair traveller

• Support worker/carer for wheelchair traveller

Posted by unestel on November 16, 2022 at 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I’m planning to visit Japan next year. Full-time wheelchair user, need to use hoist for transfer. I’m likely to be alone on this trip so really need at least one support worker traveling through the country with me. Just wondering if there is this service in Japan i.e. hiring support worker/carer for 1-2 week? I’d hope there are some travel agents offering this service in Japan. If you know any, please recommend!

If you can recommend some places to hire equipment (hoist, commode chair – if they even hire that one), that would be great also.

Thank you!

Ohayo Travel replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

November 18, 2022 at 4:33 pm

Hello,

I only know of one company that can offer care attendants: https://caregiver-japan.com/

Hoists can be arranged as well. I would really suggest a travel agent like @ohayotravel

• unestel

November 18, 2022 at 5:08 pm

Thank you so much, that’s really helpful!

I’ll contact them.

• Ohayo Travel

November 19, 2022 at 8:13 am

Hi, we are travel agent with accessibility support staff. As the number of English speaking personnel is limited, the miscommunication would lead to a mishandling and, possibly resulted in a significant incident, the number of personnel who are able to do the service to non-Japanese speakers are limited though. Still we can talk to you if you wish.
    As for the lift/hoist rental, we are currently preparing the service, hopefully be ready sometime spring next year. Depending on the timing of your trip, we could offer you for the needs.

Skip to content