Team Lab Planets

• Team Lab Planets

Posted by Louise on February 16, 2024 at 9:33 pm

Looking to book Team Lab Planets for myself, my daughter and my husband who is paralysed and a full time wheelchair user. We are from the UK so don’t have proof of disability, are we still able to choose the disabled tickets? I read on Accessible Japan that it is not consistent as to when disabled non Japanese people people are allowed to use the disabled rates. Has anyone visted and has first hand experience? Thanks.

AsiaMarketMakers replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Nick

February 16, 2024 at 9:53 pm

Hi Louise, Yes we are in the same situation. I’ve looked at it but can’t work it out . It’s not about the money more you are doing the right thing as from what I’m aware if your husband is in a wheelchair they need to know as they will transfer him into their own wheelchair to enjoy the experience fully. We are going in early May before we embark on a cruise from Yokohama . They have a website maybe email them for more information

• Louise

February 16, 2024 at 10:54 pm

Thank you, I’ll see if they offer any further advice. We are going next week so I really need to get the tickets booked!!!

• Louise

February 27, 2024 at 10:43 pm

Hi Nick, we visited Team Lab Planets, it was brilliant. Totally fine to book the disabled tickets, they asked for disabled ID and we showed a photo of our UK Blue Badge and they accepted it no problem, they barely looked at it, I think it’s just to tick a box.

There are 2 rooms wheelchairs can’t go in which I knew before hand and 1 that you can go into if you change into their chair, it’s worth doing as you get to go into the water.

• Jul

February 16, 2024 at 9:54 pm

Hello,

We booked in advance and we took a disability ticket for my husband.

• Louise

February 16, 2024 at 9:57 pm

Thank you, did you need to show proof of disability or is the wheelchair itself enough proof?

• Nicola

February 16, 2024 at 11:59 pm

Following as I’ve been trying to find out the same info!

• Louise

February 27, 2024 at 10:45 pm

It was fine, just need some kind of proof from your country. We showed a photo of my husbands blue badge from the UK. They weren’t strict about it.

• Bren

February 17, 2024 at 11:03 am

I am interested too. I have booked disabled tickets in advance online also, but not sure if this is appropriate.

• wilgo

February 17, 2024 at 1:47 pm

I contacted TeamLab customer support asking what kind of certificate you need to present. They replied that anyone with a disability certificate issued by a government agency, regardless of the country of issue, can purchase a disability discount ticket.

• Jul

February 17, 2024 at 3:08 pm

Hello

I Think we didn’t have to show something: we arrived with the weelchair.

The staff came to see us At the entrance because :

– inside there are some areas Where you cannot go with Wheelchair.

My husband let his Wheelchair At the entrance : it was difficult for him but it was a great experience !

• Bren

February 18, 2024 at 12:31 pm

Has anyone in Australia obtained some sort of disability certificate, or was your companion card enough?

• AsiaMarketMakers

March 9, 2024 at 5:37 pm

I use my Disability Support Pension card when overseas. It seems to work fine in Japan.

Skip to content