To thank josh for inspiring me and answering imp. q's

• To thank josh for inspiring me and answering imp. q's

Posted by Joshua on February 4, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Hi josh i just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to further visit the AMAZING culture of japan.See I was not sure whether the Japanese culture would be accepting toward disabled and you have answered that.I also have a question on whether i should list my VERY mild cerebral palsy on my resume for japanese jobs and whether listing it will lower my chances of getting called for an interview also how long does that take.

thanks so much

Josh Grisdale replied 5 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

February 4, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Hey!

Not doing anything special, just doing what I can.  🙂

I struggled with that question as well.  Personally, I don’t think I would mention it off the bat.  Especially if it is minor.

For places where it wouldn’t matter, well, it wouldn’t matter either way so no need to say it.  For places that would turn you down on that aspect, not mentioning it will:

• give you an opportunity to show your potential (you may not have had if application was rejected off the bat)
    • give the employer the opportunity to learn there are applicants with disabilities that have skills (after all they called you in for an interview based on your resume)
    • give you an opportunity to describe your needs in person (instead of an inexperienced employer assuming “it will be too hard” without discussing it)

Anyway, I wouldn’t 🙂

The only reason I might is if I looked up a company’s address and see it is in a basement or something on Street View – no point going if I can’t even get in!

• Joshua

February 4, 2019 at 11:06 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH,i truly believe there is no place better for like minded people to go for QUALITY info that other forums rarely offer.Especially since you experience these things first hand.

Keep going astro boy;)??????????

What you are doing has made my life much easier

• Josh Grisdale

February 5, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Glad to help!

Skip to content