Tokyo Disneyland

  • Josh Grisdale

    January 8, 2023 at 1:31 pm


    This is tough to answer…

    They are referring to a Japanese disability identification certificate. If you show it, no problem. They should allow the same for non-Japanese IDs, but some staff are “by the book” and may be reluctant or unsure of what to do (or maybe initisially say no). This probably won’t happen, but may.

    As such, I would prepare by translating your Brazilian ID so you can show that it is for your disability (and not another ID like a drivers license) and present it right away. (I think you need to go to guest services anyway.)

    Hope this helps!

    • Carlos

      January 8, 2023 at 9:08 pm

      Here, in the States, we have no federal ID card. Each state issues ID cards with a few federal requirements, but they don’t show you have a disability. But, if you need any government service because of your disability, then you’ll get a document that shows that you get that service. But, not all of those documents include a picture. (If a government or law enforcement official needs to see that document, they’ll also ask you for your government-issued ID or driver’s license.) It gets complicated if you have a severe intellectual and/or developmental disability that affects your mental capacity.

      So, in that situation, what would Tokyo Disney require?

    • Josh Grisdale

      January 8, 2023 at 9:54 pm

      I guess bring any documentation you can. Here is the official answer:

      Though I agree, this is harder for people with hidden disabilities coming from countries without IDs for disability…

Skip to content