Toyoko Inn

• Toyoko Inn

Posted by nismor78 on April 15, 2023 at 10:23 am

I’m paraplegic from the Philippines.

My first time in Japan was in 2015 and since then every time I go to Japan, I always use Toyoko Inn because of its Accessible Room having a roll in shower plus of its reasonable price (around ¥10000). Their ordinary rooms have only bath tubs and narrow bathroom doors.

They have chain of hotels, and its hotel they have one (1) Accessible Room (sometimes they call it Heartful Room)

Formerly, you can only book their Accessible Room through Phone Call. That’s why I can always easily able to reserve one.

Sadly, 2 years ago they change their policy. You can now book their Accessible Room through online.

Even I’m member, which give me 6months advance to reserve it, I’m still having a hard time to get it now. Especially if you need it for multiple nights.

Question is, what if the one who book it online is not in wheelchair? What is the use of having that Accessible Room with roll in shower if anyone can use it.

Is their a way to respectfully ask them that they should only accommodate guest to use their Accessible Room if he/she is a wheelchair user? Booking it should have a requirement, at least one wheelchair user.

I know its business, but they have a lot of rooms which non wheelchair can use.

Can you give me alternative chain of hotels with reasonable price (around ¥9k-10k)

Respectfully yours,

Mel

nismor78 replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • nismor78

April 15, 2023 at 10:30 am

If only I know their email, I will directly send them this, sadly they dont have one

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    April 16, 2023 at 2:29 pm

Hi

About Toyoko Inn’s online booking for the Heartful Room…

It may not be that they are just giving it to anyone regardless of need. I was in Asakusa the other day an was surprised to see so many more people with disabilities than before. So, it may just be that there are more people who are using it than before, especially since it is easier to book than before. While it is inconvenient, having hotels sell out the accessible room will encourage them to make more in the future.

Another thing may that it is listed in the system but they have it blocked off unless someone calls and books it. If it is not booked 2 days before the date, they open it up to anyone (which is why it shows up in the system). JR did this for ages. So, you may want to try calling anyway.

Anyway, as for a similar hotel, you could try Route Inn. They aren’t as big, but similar in price range I believe.

https://www.route-inn.co.jp/

Dormy Inn could be another alternative:

https://www.hotespa.net/dormyinn/

• nismor78

April 16, 2023 at 3:05 pm

@joshgrisdale

Thanks for replying.

Being citizen and long time resident of 🇯🇵. Hopefully you can relay them about this concern (giving priority to those wheelchair user) and hopefully they go back in their old way of booking their Heartful Roomv through phone call.

Thanks again

Skip to content