Trains from the Narita Airport, Tokyo

• Trains from the Narita Airport, Tokyo

Posted by Nastija on July 18, 2023 at 7:44 pm

Hello. A friend of mine gave me a contact of your page because I am traveling to Tokyo on 29.7. from Vienna, Avstria to Tokyo Narita. Since I use electrical wheelchair and i will have luggage I would like to know if there is any assistence on the airport to help me go to the train or an accesible wan that can drive me to the hotel?

Thank you for your replay and best regarsd from Slovenia.
    Nastija Fijolic ☺

Nastija replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    July 18, 2023 at 8:48 pm

The staff will definitely help you through to customs, and if you are lucky, may show you to the train.

However, once in the station, you will need to move the luggage by yourself.

Is your hotel in Tokyo?

There are taxis, but to get to Tokyo, it will be VERY expensive.

A few of the airport buses have lifts now, but it is not that many and you may still be far from your hotel when it gets to Tokyo…

Are you able to carry your luggage by yourself?

• Jo

July 19, 2023 at 8:00 am

Hello Nastija

If you tell your airline that you need assistance, they will ensure that you are helped from disembarking through to catching the train, t your train’s destination there should be assistance. Access taxis are available.

I have always found staff very helpful.

Best wishes

Jo

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      July 19, 2023 at 8:13 am

Yes, good point! Sorry I didn’t mean to indicate staff won’t help you on the train. They will provide a ramp to get you on and call ahead to your destination so someone helps you off.

• Nastija

July 20, 2023 at 2:59 am

This is great news. Yes I will be able to carry my own laguage. I only need to know where to go, cause I stay in Shibuya All day place and its not so close. 🙂

Thank you for replying! 😊

• Nastija

July 20, 2023 at 3:01 am

I also asked for taxi but yes, it is very expensive. I would prefer to go my train and than metro, as much as I checked.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    July 20, 2023 at 11:25 am

OK, if you can carry your own luggage then it should be fairly smooth!

Once you buy your train ticket, tell the staff where you want to go (Shibuya) and they will take you to the train and call ahead to your transfer station and someone will be waiting for you.

• Nastija

July 20, 2023 at 6:40 pm

Amazing, thank you!

Skip to content