Transport to hotel in Yokohama

• Transport to hotel in Yokohama

Posted by AsiaMarketMakers on April 4, 2023 at 7:41 pm

I am flying into Haneda Airport from Australia and was wondering the best way to get to my hotel in Yokohama.

Currently I am using 1 or 2 crutches. So, I was trying to work out to either

1) get the limousine bus to Yokohama Sheraton Towers & Hotel or 2) order a disabled friendly taxi service.

Haven’t travelled to Japan for 6 years so keen to hear your thoughts. Normally I’d catch a train but this time I’m not very mobile.

AsiaMarketMakers replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Sarah

April 4, 2023 at 8:57 pm

You can rent a wheelchair for within the airport and to bus/car park. I assume you will be booking wheelchair assistance from departure to arrival too so ask the staff to help you to bus stop.

https://tokyo-haneda.com/en/service/facilities/wheelchair_rentals.html

• Josh Grisdale

April 4, 2023 at 10:10 pm

Hi

I’m not sure how far the limousine bus stops from your hotel, but it would be much cheaper. In terms of accessibility, while some of the limousine buses have lifts, most don’t. But since you use crutches you would use the front door which has several large steps up like a highway bus. So, it would depend on if you could do that.

For taxis, there are now many London cab-like taxis called JpnTaxj that are regularly available at the airport. You could contact @wilgo if you are looking for a bigger van.

• AsiaMarketMakers

April 5, 2023 at 8:14 am

Thanks, Josh.

That’s really helpful! Think I will go the taxi option or @wilgo

• AsiaMarketMakers

April 5, 2023 at 8:10 pm

Send you an email @wilgo !

• AsiaMarketMakers

July 9, 2023 at 4:13 pm

I used Wilgo & they went over & above to help me.

Skip to content