Travel Agent in Japan to assist with booking accommodation

• Travel Agent in Japan to assist with booking accommodation

Posted by BilandsInJapan on May 12, 2024 at 10:15 am

Hi everybody. Our son is physically & intellectually disabled. He uses a manual wheelchair permanently (we assist with his transfers). Last year we spent a lot of trying to plan a trip to Japan for this April (2024), but even with the help of a travel agent here in New Zealand (who we have used numerous times before), we were unfortunately not able to confirm suitable accommodation (for the dates we needed to travel). We ended up going to the US. However, we are still VERY keen to come to Japan (looking at April/May next year) and I was wondering if there are any travel agents / organisations in Japan (English speaking) who could assist us with booking accommodation (which seemed to be the main hurdle for us)? When I was trying to plan last year, I found that despite emailing hotels directly, I either would not hear back, or there would be big delays in hearing back and/or they didn’t seem to answer all of my questions. We would love to make this a reality, but somehow need to find a better way of communicating with hotels in Japan, as to our needs.

Josh Grisdale replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Tak

May 12, 2024 at 10:27 am

Hello!

I run a taxi company for people with disabilities in kansai area. I also have a tour conductor qualification.

Of course, we can also arrange a suitable hotel for your support.

I am so happy to take you to kyoto also many other places and if you want.
    Our car can hold one wheelchair + 4people.
    Please feel free to contact me.
    If you want, I will give you my email add, company profile and pictures of the car.

• AsiaMarketMakers

May 12, 2024 at 10:35 pm

Great to know! I need help in getting to KIX tomorrow afternoon.

• AsiaMarketMakers

May 12, 2024 at 10:42 pm

Hi,

I’d be more than happy to help.

I am a disability advocate & have a Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome & co-morbidities.

Would love to help you!

I arrive back in Melbourne Tuesday night.

Feel free to PM me. I have visited the following places in Japan:

– Okinawa

– Osaka

– Kyoto

– Kobe

– Okayama

– Kurashiki

– Fukuoka

– Kagoshima

– Tokyo

– Yokohama

– Yamagata

– Hokkaido

– Fujisawa

– Hakone

– Odawara

– Enoshima

– Ibaragi

– Gifu

– Kanazawa

• Tak

May 12, 2024 at 10:39 am

P.S. Hotel and transportation arrangements, as well as tour accompaniment, can be made throughout Japan.

• David

May 12, 2024 at 2:23 pm

I will visit Tokyo in September. Have booked Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. https://sotetsu-hotels.com/en/sunroute/plazashinjuku/rooms/

I had a question about my commode over the toilet and the hotel responded very quickly to an email. [email protected]

It is a double room, I don’t know if it will take 3 people.

• AsiaMarketMakers

May 12, 2024 at 10:31 pm

Hi,

I would suggest staying at a larger hotel. The bigger hotel chains like IHG, Accor, Marriott & the like tend to offer more services. The double is unlikely to accommodate 3 people.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    May 13, 2024 at 1:03 pm

There are a few other travel agents dealing with accessible travel like @ohayotravel and @wanping

Skip to content