Travel with tracheotomi

• Travel with tracheotomi

Posted by Anaïs K on December 22, 2023 at 2:31 am

Hello 🙂

I would like to know if tracheotomized people had already travelled to Japan?

I had found some time ago a company offering caregivers on site? But impossible to find the site….

Thanks again in advance for your help:)

Wanping Aw replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

December 22, 2023 at 10:28 am

Hi.

While it may be possible to hire some care workers for basic help, care requiring medical level assistance (like getting phlegm from the person’s airways) legally requires a special certification in Japan. So I would suggest they come with their own care worker or family member.

• Anaïs K

December 23, 2023 at 6:50 pm

Thank you so much Josh!

Yes indeed I think it is more sure, especially that I imagine that not all will speak English.

Impossible on the other hand to find the company/ agency offering the medical treatment of “tourists”; they proposed medical transfers and caregivers available if necessary… This will teach me not to register sites immediately!

• Wanping Aw

January 15, 2024 at 10:05 pm

Hi Anais, I run a travel agency here in Japan and we know of professional licensed caregivers that may be able to provide the specific service you may require. Let me know if you need more information 😀

Skip to content