wheel chair taxis (for electric chair) and tour options

• wheel chair taxis (for electric chair) and tour options

Posted by Deb on July 10, 2023 at 5:31 am

hello,

I have done several cruises with my adult son, generally with success for accessible excursions. – That is, except for our upcoming one in October around Japan – where virtually all excursions I’ve seen cannot take scooters or electric wheelchairs! I’m kind of surprised and am now trying to create some private tours and find out what companies could accommodate us. With having held the Paralympics there – I’m sure there are options that I don’t know about. How do I go about finding a wheelchair taxi to take us from our hotel to the pier to pick up the cruise? How do I find a truly accessible hotel in Tokyo? Can I pre-arrange accessible taxis to meet us at some of the ports (if there is nothing to get to from the ship…

Our Ports are Shimizu/Mt Fuji, Kobe, Kyoto, Kochi, Busan,, South Korea, Hakodate, Aormori and a couple of days in Tokyo at the end. He clearly would like to go to Akiabara (sp)- but it doesn’t look very wheelchair friendly. He also wants to eat at some restaurants to have authentic food maybe an anime themed/ Pokemon cafe…. Hi dream would be able to go to a place that creates anime. I’m not sure if there will be any places to explore right from the ports

Any and all ideas would be very much appreciated. Deb

Deb replied 11 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • DreadPirateGarak

July 10, 2023 at 11:32 am

Wheelchair taxis in Japan are reported to be extremely expensive. As far as Tokyo goes, the light rail system is excellent and Akihabara station should be accessible for an electric wheelchair.

• Deb

July 11, 2023 at 11:13 pm

Thanks for this, I appreciate your insight!

Deb

• AsiaMarketMakers

July 16, 2023 at 1:58 pm

They aren’t necessarily expensive. It depends where you’re going. Having been to Japan recently I was quite surprised.

• Oshidori-Shuttle

July 10, 2023 at 3:49 pm

Hi Deb

If you type ‘care taxi in Tokyo’ in google for example, it’ll hit a lot of taxi companies.

All taxis in Japan charges based on certified taxi meters so it won’t be extremely expensive.

And we are the one of them.

Please contact us if you are interested.

Thanks

Miz

• AsiaMarketMakers

July 16, 2023 at 1:59 pm

Accessible taxis is another search you could do. Get the tour operator to do the searching for you.

• Deb

August 25, 2023 at 2:03 am

thanks for this

Skip to content