Wheelchair transport in Japan

• Wheelchair transport in Japan

Posted by lykke on July 7, 2018 at 9:54 am

Hi,

I’m looking for a wheelchair taxi with lift that can take me and 2 friends from our hotel in Shinjuku to Narita on Tuesday, July 10th.

We bring along a small power chair, a dissablembled small Power chair, 2 suitcases and 2 bags.

I found the link to Wilgo on this forum. When I fill in their quote-form on their website, the refresh icon continues to show after clicking on “Send” without knowing if the content of the form was delivered. Do you know of a direct e-mail adress or  contact details to similar service providers?

Thank you in advance!

Lykke

lykke replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Accessible Japan

July 7, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Hello,

If you “friend” @wilgo you can send direct messages on the platform.  I’ll send them a message as well!

• wilgo

July 7, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Hi, Lykke,

Thanks for your contact through our site.  Due to unknown reasons, your message has not been delivered.

Wilgo has been booked already in the afternoon on July 10th, and has to get back from Narita by 14:00 to Suginami area, which means Wilgo has to leave Narita by 11:00.  In term of time schedule, it would be possible to serve you if you are fine with a schedule to leave your hotel in Shinjuku, let’s say, at 9:00 or earlier.

Another points to be checked are the size of wheelchair and your two suitcases.  Please refer to the URL below if your wheelchair fits into lift platform.

http://odekakeoffice.jp/en/ufaqs/2-b/

Due to the lift installed in the cabin, the space for luggages are limited.  If you can tell us the size of each suitcase, we can check if these will fit into the space.

Once these points are cleared, we may be able to communicate about fees for your ride.

Hope this would be a little help for you.

Wilgo

• lykke

July 7, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Hi again,

This was part of the message i tried to post on the Wilgo-form:

We are 3 people stying at the granbell hotel in Shinjuku. I have a small Power chair (60 cm wide, 100 cm long, gross weight under 100 kg) and a small chair that will be disambled in 3 pieces. We carry 2 suitcases and 2 sportbags.

Is there any possibility that we can use your transportation service from Shinjuku to Narita airport at around 8:00 am on Tuesday July 10th? (Flight to Sweden at 11:00 am)

I sent a friend request to @wilgo, If they accept the Friend request, I can sent my phone number and e-mail address. The dimensions

Best regards,

Ms. Lykke Gaeremynck

Skip to content