wisdom re: hotels

• wisdom re: hotels

Posted by Deb on August 21, 2023 at 9:51 am

We arrive at Narita airport on October 23 about 4 p.m. and pick up our cruise the next day. We won’t really have time for any touring, given the time and having been on a plane for 10 hours – so I’m thinking that we should just go to a hotel and recuperate – so my sense is to simply find a hotel near the cruise port. Is there a decent accessible hotel near there that anyone can suggest? thanks

Deb replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • alliejay

August 22, 2023 at 12:50 am

While I do not have hotel recommendations near the port (I have never taken a cruise in Japan), I definitely second your suggestion to recuperate. It’s a long flight and getting around your first few hours can be a little disorienting. Rest up and start your holiday properly the next day.

You might check around the other threads in this group for hotel accommodation recommendations. Some search engines (like hotels.com) do have some accessibility information but in some cases, you might wish to email the hotel directly and ask.

• Don

August 22, 2023 at 10:02 pm

The cruise ship port for Tokyo is actually in neighboring Yokohama. The Accessible Japan website lists the InterContinental Yokohama Pier 8 (https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/yokohama/tyoyh/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-JP-_-TYOYH) as the nearest hotel with an accessible room (unfortunately it seems to have only one such room) to the Osanbashi cruise ship pier. In fact you could walk from one to the other.. The easiest way from Narita airport to Yokohama is by JR East’s Narita Express train bound for Ofuna with an approximate journey time of 85 minutes and hourly frequency. It is just a few minutes taxi ride from Yokohama JR station to the hotel. If you have time in the morning before you join your ship I suggest a visit to the numerous shops, department stores and restaurants -all readily accessible – in the city’s Minatomurai district, easy to find as it beneath Yokohama’s’ tallest building, the Landmark Tower.

• AsiaMarketMakers

August 25, 2023 at 7:14 pm

I would also suggest Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers. I found the rooms fairly large and ease to move around in. It’s close to Takashimaya.

• Deb

September 4, 2023 at 8:02 am

thanks for the tip!

• Jul

September 5, 2023 at 5:48 am

I would Also suggest to visit the gundam factory, near by the sera. It’s amazing.

And there is a Chinese area near by, where you have a lot of restaurants.

• Deb

September 15, 2023 at 12:56 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

Skip to content