Reply To: Traveling to South Africa with an electric wheelchair

• accessiblesouthafrica

September 17, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Hi Kamil, I am based in Cape Town, South Africa and my son uses an electric wheelchair and we manage most places… Obviously there are a lot of places that do also pose challenges… So you are welcome to check with me when you are ready to start planning an itinerary. We have the MyCiti bus which is wheelchair accessible and has a number of routes around the city, you’d just need to check their routes on their website when planning your itinerary. We also have Uber Assist, but we haven’t tried with our electric wheelchair yet, just the manual one. The V&A Waterfront which is a popular tourist attraction is mostly accessible with lots of great things to do… Restaurants, the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Cape Wheel, Chavonnes Battery Museum, Zeitz Mocaa Museum all being accessible. The city Sightseeing Bus also departs from the Waterfront and has a ramp onto the bus. Like I say, if you’re ready to start planning, I can go into much more detail (and will share a post soon of some more accessible places around our city to visit)

Skip to content