First time snowbird road trip from Seattle to Phoenix

• First time snowbird road trip from Seattle to Phoenix

Posted by librarylois on September 15, 2018 at 5:58 am

Hello everyone. My husband and I are planning our first road trip now that we are both retired. We’ll be driving from the Seattle, WA area (Puyallup to be exact) to Fountain Hills AZ .  We have a van that carries my scooter as I have mobility challenges because of MS. I walk very short distances with two canes and use the scooter other times. We will be  staying in AZ from the third week in Feb. through the month of March. We have plenty of time for the driving but i’d like to do it in a week and a half if that’s feasible. But we do want to stop at interesting sights along the way (mostly nature or historical) and we can’t drive  a lot more than five hours a day as my most bothersome MS challenge is chronic pain.  I would really love some ideas on which route to take to avoid bad weather and crazy traffic, interesting stops, possible places to stay overnight along the way, etc.  We’ve  never done anything Ike this before so I’m a bit overwhelmed on how to start the planning. Any suggestions?

azaleeboy replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

Skip to content