Hawaii

• Hawaii

Posted by Janelle on August 1, 2018 at 11:45 pm

My daughter is wheelchair bound but is able to walk short distances. We are going to Maui in December and wondered if anyone has any fun suggestions she can do while we are there.

TabiFolk replied 5 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    August 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Hi Janelle!

We’ll reach out to some people and help you with some research!

@impactvacations may have some input too

• Josh Grisdale

August 2, 2018 at 4:57 pm

Hey,

I haven’t been personally but I asked my friend from Hawaii and she says that this guide is quite accurate: http://wheelchairtraveling.com/maui-hi-wheelchair-accessible-guide-to-paradise/

• Jas

August 3, 2018 at 10:56 pm

Hi Janelle,

My name is Jasmine and I’m from the island of Oahu, Hawaii. I’ve only been to Maui a couple times, but I thought I could help potentially point you in the right direction…

I found a website called, “Maui Goodness“. You can click the link and it should direct you to a web page called, “Best Wheelchair Accessible Activities on Maui”. On it, you can find information related to getting around the island, where to stay, what to do, and some other resources.

Some fun things that I think you will all enjoy is Whale Watching, watching the sunrise at Haleakala (a dormant volcano and the highest peak on the island), and attending a luau. Of course you can find other amazing activities to do while on your trip. I hope this resource helps!

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    August 4, 2018 at 11:08 am

Thanks ImpactVacations and Jas!

We also got this reply from twitter:

Skip to content