Raleigh–Durham, North Carolina (US)

• Raleigh–Durham, North Carolina (US)

Posted by maria on April 17, 2022 at 9:13 pm

Hello everyone 🙂 I was wondering if anyone could suggest an adapted taxi company, operating in the areas of Raleigh–Durham, North Carolina (US). I use an electric wheelchair, and as I will soon travel there, I am looking for accessible ways of transport from the RDU Airport etc. Thank you in advance!

schroth-sensei replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • schroth-sensei

April 18, 2022 at 4:26 am

Hello Maria,

While Raleigh-Durham NC isn’t my part of NC I still figured I’d do a little looking online for you. So just letting you know, I’m not personally affiliated with these companies, nor have I personally used them. Anyway, I think I may of found two that could work for you:

Kingdom Transportation

http://www.kingdomtransportation.com

I believe they primarily serve locals, but it looks like you can get a quote for any trip. You’ll definitely have to contact them to reserve any trip ahead of time.

Carolina Livery

http://www.carolinalivery.com

They primarily do larger buses, but they do state that they have smaller transports for private trips. You’ll definitely have to contact them to reserve any trip ahead of time.

I would recommend discussing your needs in detail with them to make sure they will work with your trip, transportation time, and hopefully within your budget too. I also recommend asking them if they know any other taxi services that may have vans if they can’t meet your needs. It seems taxi companies in that area either don’t have wheelchair accessible vans or just don’t advertise they have them, hopefully one of these two will know who has some available.

I hope that helps,

Justin

• maria

April 18, 2022 at 4:06 pm

Thank you very much for the helpful information! I will contact both, and see 🙂.

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    April 18, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Thanks @schroth-sensei ! @maria please keep us in the loop and let us know what works out for you!

• maria

April 20, 2022 at 12:56 am

Sure 🙂

I got a reply from “Carolna Livery”, but as they are quite expensive I tried to search a little bit more. I found and contacted that company as well: https://www.myridewakeforest.com/ . They haven’t given me a cost yet, but they said that they are available. I’ll see how it will go 😅

• maria

July 4, 2022 at 3:00 am

Hello,

Just a follow up from my trip to Durham. In the end, I used Kingdom Transportation. It was the cheapest one, and the person with whom I talked through emails, and gave me the rides was very helpful. So I am quite satisfied with the choice. In case anyone visit Durham or Raleigh in the future, I recommend them.

• schroth-sensei

July 4, 2022 at 3:29 am

Maria,

Thank you for the update/feedback from your trip! It is good to know that they could help you enjoy your time visiting.

I’m curious, did they pick you up solo? or as part of a multi-stop bus pick-up? and was the travel time reasonable for the distance you had to go?

I’m sure your recommendation can help other people in similar need.

Thank you again and please share information on your other trips in the future,

-Justin

• maria

July 4, 2022 at 5:33 pm

They picked just me. They are like a taxi. Therefore, the time was normal I guess.

• schroth-sensei

July 5, 2022 at 1:50 am

Oh good, thanks for the info!

Skip to content