What is the best place to travel in Florida

• schroth-sensei

June 18, 2022 at 4:24 am

Hi Jovanroger,

There can be a lot to see in Florida depending on what you like to do. The biggest draw for tourists around the world is probably the Disney World parks. If you are a fan of such amusement parks, you could easily spend a few days exploring them (plus a couple more days if you go to Universal Studios as well), however the ticket prices can be very expensive (the Disney/surrounding hotels can cost a significant amount as well, but if you don’t mind a bit more travel time you can find more inexpensive hotels farther away). Almost all areas of the parks are accessible, and if you use a wheelchair and can transfer into the ride chairs then you’ll find most rides should be accessible as well. I’ve personally enjoyed the parks while skipping any ride I had to transfer out of my wheelchair for and still had plenty to do and see (Epcot being my favorite for a relaxing day for this). If you do spend your days visiting the parks, I also recommend budgeting a bit more for food in the parks as it is a premium price point.

If you like beaches, Florida definitely has some nice ones. You shouldn’t have to look too hard to find a nice beach resort near virtually any attraction you’d be interested it. However, if you’re looking for a particularly accessible beach I’d recommend checking out this page by Cory Lee: https://curbfreewithcorylee.com/2020/09/12/best-wheelchair-accessible-beaches-in-florida/

It has many pictures and descriptions from beaches all over Florida and should definitely help planning your trip if you need an accessible beach.

If you want to really feel the heat and add some additional spice to your trip Miami and Key West may be your choice. These areas have influences from Hispanic, Caribbean, Haitian, and Cuban heritage that give the cities unique character. If any of that interests you, then great food, nightlife, architecture, and more can be found here.

Want to explore a bit more outside Florida? If you find them enjoyable, cruises are available throughout much of the year between Florida and the Caribbean. You definitely want to plan ahead for them so as not to be late and accidentally left at port. The Tabifolk here known as Skro’s Nest has posted a bunch of useful videos in the Cruise section (https://www.tabifolk.com/groups/cruises/) you may find interesting.

I hope that helps,

-Justin

Skip to content