Places to see in Sydney: Bondi Beach
- MemberOctober 19, 2019 at 8:11 am
Bondi Beach | Address: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Bondi Beach is a 7km (4 mi) popular beach in Sydney, so popular it can become quite crowded during peak hours. Nevertheless, this means if you are looking to do some people watching while sun-tanning, then Bondi may be the beach for you! Bondi also hosts various sports and recreation activities throughout the year, including a rugby league competition, a short-film festival, volleyball competition, surfing, and more. Due to its location, it makes for a pleasant vacation spot for those wanting to celebrate their December holidays away from the cold northern hemisphere.
- Accessibility: An accessible (via ramps) promenade runs along the top of the beach. A beach wheelchair is free to use for visitors, check with the lifeguard tower for availability.
- Facilities: An accessible unisex bathroom is available in the Bondi Pavilion behind the lifeguard tower as well as larger stalls in the Mens/Womens restrooms.
- Parking: Disabled parking is available, however during peak times it may be difficult to find accessible spaces.
- Service Dogs: Dogs are allowed at the promenade, but not on the beach. You may wish to discuss bring your service dog on to the beach with the lifeguards prior to doing so if your disability requires its presence.
Log in to reply.