Places to see in Sydney: FeatherDale Wildlife Park
- MemberOctober 19, 2019 at 8:18 am
FeatherDale Wildlife Park | Official Website: http://www.featherdale.com.au
Address: 217-229 Kildare Road, Doonside, Sydney NSW 2767, Australia
Less than an hour from the center of Sydney you can find the largest Animal experience park in Australia. FeatherDale Wildlife Park hosts the largest number of native Australian animals anywhere else in the world! Of course, you can often see many Australian species in zoo’s around the world, but at this park you can get up close and pet or even hold some of them depending on the tickets you purchase. Over 250 different animal species reside at the park including: Crocodile, Dingo, Echidna, Kangaroo, Koala, Owl, Various Reptiles, and much more! You can even buy tickets to feed a Koala. If you find yourself getting hungry, you can get a bite to eat at The Featherdale Café or even bring your own food and enjoy a picnic at a table in the shade. If you’re looking to plan out your day, the park owners suggest a minimum of 2-hours to see most of the park, though you could easily spend all day in enjoyment if you’re and animal lover. In any case, if you find yourself in Sydney and you want to discover some of the Australian wildlife, FeatherDale may be the place for you.
- Accessibility: The park is accessible with very flat areas throughout and paved pathways. A loaner wheelchair (1) is available, requires advanced booking.
- Facilities: An accessible bathroom is available at the park entrance.
- Parking: Disabled parking is available.
- Service Dogs: Not sure if service animals are allowed in the park (wildlife interaction may be a park concern), contact the park directly if you wish to visit with a service animal.
“Featherdale Wildlife Park: Sydney: New South Wales: Australia.” Featherdale Wildlife Park, http://www.featherdale.com.au/.
Log in to reply.