Places to see in Sydney: The Sydney Tower Eye
MemberOctober 19, 2019 at 8:56 am
The Sydney Tower Eye | Official Website: https://www.sydneytowereye.com.au/
Address: 100 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Standing about 305 meters (1000 feet) above sea level this structure literally towers over all the buildings in its home of Sydney, Australia. The primary Observation deck, located 250 meters above the city street level, gives you an indoor 360-degree view of Sydney and all its beauty. The Sydney Tower Eye is open every day of the year from 9:00am-9:00pm and the weather is clear most of the year making it a very flexible location to visit. However, sunset is one of the busiest times, so if you wish to witness a beautiful sunset from such a prominent height you may want to show up early to get a good spot.
Other than the gorgeous view, The Sydney Tower Eye also has a few dining options available in case you find yourself hungry. Just below the Observation Deck you’ll find STUDIO, here you can grab a cocktail in a contemporary setting while taking in the view. The next level down is the Sydney Tower Buffet offering a selection of international choices that includes over 55 gourmet dishes. Lastly, below the buffet you can enjoy a revolving view of the city from 360 Bar and Dining while dining on fresh seasonal dishes paired perfectly with award-winning wine. While these options are not necessarily the cheapest options in the area, they do have an unmatched view of the cityscape.
So, if you’re not bothered by heights (or perhaps want to overcome them) and want to experience the sheer scope of the city, The Sydney Tower Eye may be one of many parts of Sydney worth visiting!
- Accessibility: The Sydney Tower Eye is fully wheelchair accessible, except for the “SKYWALK” open-air observation area that requires the use of stairs and safety gear. The “SKYWALK” is located just a little higher than the enclosed accessible Observation Deck, so you won’t really be missing much.
- Facilities: Accessible toilets are available.
- Service Dogs: Assistance dogs are permitted within The Sydney Tower Eye.
- Ticket Discount: According to their website, those with disabilities may be eligible for a discounted ticket price as well as allowing one additional companion to enter free of charge with the ticket holder (to get this discount you need to purchase the ticket in person, and proof of caregiver status may be required for the free additional companion/caregiver). There are also multi-attraction tickets available for purchase to additional sightseeing locations in the area at a discount rate (the disability discount may not apply with the multi-attraction tickets, however depending on the options and sights you wish to see it may be cheaper to buy a multi-attraction ticket than individual tickets).
- Official Disability Information: https://support.sydneytowereye.com.au/hc/en-us/categories/115000492309-Disabled-Information
“The Official Site for Sydney Tower Eye.” Sydney Tower Eye, https://www.sydneytowereye
Log in to reply.