Accessible Uber in Toronto

• Accessible Uber in Toronto

Posted by Josh Grisdale on October 10, 2017 at 9:08 am

Hello,

I will be heading to Toronto early next year.  I will be staying outside of the city in the countryside, so I need a way to get from Pearson Airport to my destination.

I assume I could use public transportation to get part of the way, but nothing goes all the way to my destination.

Does anyone know of an accessible taxi company in Toronto?  Are there accessible Uber vans in Toronto?

I use a power wheelchair that cannot fold and will be heading to a place about 30 minutes east of Newmarket.

Josh Grisdale replied 6 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • trav4all

October 11, 2017 at 3:58 am

Hi Jeff,

Try this company.. https://www.abletransport.ca/default.asp?pager=Wheelchair_Accessible_Transportation

Cheers!

Tarita

• Josh Grisdale

October 11, 2017 at 8:58 am

Hi Tarita,

That looks perfect – thank you so much!

• trav4all

October 11, 2017 at 9:29 am

Hi Josh,

You are very welcome! This is a great tool! I would love to be able to share the accessible holidays that we promote on our website and other media types. Is this possible at all?

Cheers!

Tarita

• Josh Grisdale

October 11, 2017 at 9:31 am

I’ll send you a private message 🙂

• trav4all

October 11, 2017 at 9:38 am

okay!

• Josh Grisdale

January 22, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Hello,

I ended up using Aeroport Taxi:
    http://www.aeroporttaxi.com/blog/let-aeroport-taxi-get-you-to-the-airport-in-a-wheelchair-accessible-taxi/

I was easily able to get into the accessible van in my electric wheelchair and they drove me to my house (located an hour from the airport).

However, for the trip back to the airport they called just an hour before pickup and said that they made a “mistake” and tried to charge more because it was “further away than they thought”.  They did back down after I said we had an established contract that they made and agreed to weeks in advance.

So, they are a company that can help in Toronto, but beware of sudden price changes…

Skip to content