Reply To: Accessible transportation in Beijing

• Jiahui

February 9, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Emm to be honest I haven’t paid much attention to the English sign, since I generally read Chinese. In my memory, there are many English signs in the public places, but I cannot guarantee that they are enough for wheelchair users. I will come back to Beijing in March, I will collect more information about it and I will put it here.

However, the good news is that young people in Beijing is relatively good in English. So if you have any trouble, you can find a young man or woman, who look well-educated, and ask for their help. I always ask for people’s help when I cannot handle the situation.

Again, since Olympic Games are international events, every time when we hold these events, the accessible situation will be improved. There are many improvements after the 2008 Beijing Olympics, so I believe in 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, the situation will be better. Can you imagine that the Great Wall (having many high steps) will be wheelchair accessible in 2022? I plan to go there in 2022.

Skip to content