Ground Transport

• Josh Grisdale

January 7, 2019 at 8:23 am

Hi,

If possible I use public transport (trains here in Tokyo),  However, if I am traveling with just one care attendant that puts a lot of extra work on them, so if I need to take extra luggage I’ll use a wheelchair taxi/Uber.

I’m not sure about the US, but I’ve found that most hotels don’t have accessible airport pick-up service… but some do, so it is always worth asking.  Even if they don’t, having people request it will maybe encourage them to invest in accessible transportation.

I’m also interested to hear from others!

• repeats

January 7, 2019 at 9:24 am

This isn’t my first time out, I’m just interested in know how other people manage. My wife and I are headed south in 3 wks and we booked the limo for this one, the last time we took the limo I had a wheelchair everything went fine. Park sleep and fly , the shuttle wasn’t overly comfortable, I’m leary about that route again, maybe next time a different hotel. The limo seems to be the most comfortable option, have another trip for Sept. we decide that one further on.

• Josh Grisdale

January 7, 2019 at 9:42 am

Keep us updated on if you find something else that works well. 🙂

Which city did you use the limo in?  Were you able to stay in your wheelchair or did you transfer to a seat?

• repeats

January 7, 2019 at 11:16 am

The wheelchair goes into the trunk, I am not totally dependent on it, there was also 3 pcs of luggage to go under it. I am able to get into the car myself.

• Josh Grisdale

January 7, 2019 at 2:45 pm

In that case you may not find anything better than that solution 🙂

• Nomad Traveler

July 16, 2022 at 11:02 pm

You can surely go in for a wheelchair Uber.I mostly accompany my Dad, but off course there are times when I’m not there so in that case Wheelchair Uber gives me a lot of mental peace for his accessibility needs and I believe he has started travelling by himself and tells me to just book an Uber.

Skip to content