Wheelchairs using flyers

• Wheelchairs using flyers

Posted by Susie on January 6, 2018 at 8:22 pm

On wheelchair world.org you will find loads of really useful information about flying in a wheelchair and there is a dedicated page just about flying http://wheelchairworld.org/airlines/

Josh Grisdale replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Susie

January 8, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Wheelchairworld.org is a website which brings together reviews, useful information and service providers from or for wheelchair using travellers. Wheelchair World achieved registered charity status in 2017 (Registered Charity Number 1175582) and in 2018 will be collaborating with the tech giant Microsoft to develop an app based on its content.
    It is an established website for wheelchair travellers, having had over 13,000 unique visitors so far, with a consistent 20-25 % of visitors returning to the site each month.
    There is currently information for 90+ countries with more new countries being added regularly. Wheelchairworld.org attracts a global audience from 130+ countries so far, although the majority of visitors are from the UK US, various European countries and Australia.
    In 2018, Wheelchair World will be collaborating with tech giant Microsoft to develop an app that will make the Wheelchair World content available in an easily accessible map format and also use the power of translation to give visitors the option to view the content in the visitor’s desired language. This will give the app further global reach.
    Google Ad Keywords will also shortly be used to help increase the visibility of the site once the content has all been tagged.
    The criteria for listing services on the wheelchairworld.org website is:
    • Is recommended by wheelchair user
    • Is operated by a wheelchair user/wheelchair users
    • contains information that is useful to travelling wheelchair users e.g. accommodation.
    • Offers services specifically catering to wheelchair users

• Unknown Member

September 18, 2018 at 1:31 am

Hi I’m Jonny, wheelchair user. Has anyone flown with AirFrance before?? i never flown before and I don’t know what to expect. Do I stay in my wheelchair on the plane, how do I get to the toilet (if need be) etc???

• Josh Grisdale

September 18, 2018 at 11:08 am

Hi

I’ve never flown on Air France before, but I have been on a number of others and the procedure is almost always the same.  You can read about it here: https://www.tabifolk.com/forums/topic/nuts-and-bolts-of-flying-with-a-wheelchair/#post-4619

Unfortunately, you will need to get out of your wheelchair at the gate and use a special on-board wheelchair.  If you need to use the bathroom, bigger airplanes often have a larger stall (but not all of them I don’t think…)

Skip to content