Rollator or Wheelchair?

• Rollator or Wheelchair?

Posted by Unknown Member on April 9, 2023 at 3:29 am

My son and I are planning a trip for Jan/Feb 2024. He’s 25 and I’m almost 60. I need to have both knees replaced and will do so soon after I get back from the trip. I can walk but slowly and not long distances/all day without a great deal of pain. Our plan is to start at Tokyo Disney for several nights (this is my dream destination I”m a big Disney fan) and change hotels to somewhere in Tokyo central for another 9 days or so. At the US parks I use a mobility scooter. Any advice on renting a wheelchair there vs. bringing one or might it be easier to use a rollator? He and I may split up (both at Disney and once we move to the Tokyo hotel) and I don’t know if I’d look odd pushing my own WC vs a rollator. Any suggestions on how this is handled for lines at Disney park? Can I bring a rollator in the line? Can I take the rollator on the sidewalks and stores in Tokyo? I would like not having to split up from him while waiting in lines. I’m happy to pay $$$ for the premier access in lines when I can. I have a lot of other questions on getting around Tokyo and bringing medication and so on. This is probably a once in a lifetime trip for me!

Rebeca Kim replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

May 11, 2023 at 10:45 am

Hi!

Perhaps @rebecakim is someone who can help with Disney information since she was just there! Also, this might have some good information: https://www.tabifolk.com/groups/japan/forum/topic/tokyo-disneyland/

Rollators are not common here (though seniors use something similar but likely smaller), but you can definitely use it if you need it! Put your comfort first.

But you could always rent a wheelchair too. Actually, most venues have wheelchairs you can borrow if needed.

Feel free to ask all the questions you have – we are here to help! I’d suggest a new discussion for each topic.

• Rebeca Kim

May 11, 2023 at 11:09 am

Hello! Unfortunately I don’t have answers for many questions, I’m sorry. I don’t know anything about rollators or rental wheelchair since I have my own manual wheelchair, but I was there with my mom and we did not separate in lines in any moment.

Skip to content