Adapted vehicle

• Posted by Joy on June 7, 2023 at 4:33 am

I am posting this on as many disability sites as possible because I’m looking for something “out of the box.” I’m looking for a way to modify an SUV for a driver who uses a manual wheelchair and can not walk. There is nothing on the market that fits my needs and wants. I really don’t want to spend the money it costs for the existing conversions on a Chevy. I’d like a mid to upscale SUV with the latest bells and whistles since it will probably be the last vehicle I own. I know I will need a turning seat to get into the vehicle since it is higher than a car and the ramp is too steep. Does anybody have any modified vehicle that is not a van, truck, or Chevy Traverse?

Please private email me at

[email protected]

schroth-sensei replied 10 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • schroth-sensei

June 7, 2023 at 5:07 am

Hi Joy,

I’m not sure where you are located, but if you in the US may want to check out BraunAbility (https://www.braunability.com/us/en.html). I know they work with some SUV’s, however I cannot say if they do what you’re looking for. I don’t work for them (and I’m not really a car guy), but we’ve own two different vans with modifications for my wheelchair (just to sit in back) and have been very happy with them. Some great people work there, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t tell you about other companies that may help if they cannot.

I hope that helps and that you find the vehicle you’re looking for,

-Justin

Skip to content