Tour Guide Radios

• Posted by gbgb on January 19, 2024 at 3:30 am

This is just a minor suggestion for those that are hard of hearing and wish to go on guided tours.

I always save the throw away earphones that they distribute on most long flights.

When I go on a tour with a tour guide or visit a museum that supplies radio sets they usually have a single ear piece of questionable quality. I use the airline stereo ear phones from the plane. That way I have the sound in both ears and more complete blocking of external sound. You can also use your own high quality ear sets that may have noise cancelling.

The ‘phones are compatible 90% of the time. Some phones with attached microphone may play only in the left ear but you still get the advantage of blocking external noise. In very few cases, because of an impedance mismatch, the volume may be too low.

TabiFolk replied 3 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    January 19, 2024 at 9:50 am

That is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing! Blocking out sounds can really help with hearing the audio.

For those with bluetooth wireless headphones, perhaps they could connect to the audioguide device with an adapter like this https://amzn.to/48BdU2E ? Would it work?

Skip to content