Avanti Palms Resort Hotel on International Drive Orlando

• Avanti Palms Resort Hotel on International Drive Orlando

Posted by efcmark on August 26, 2018 at 5:24 am

9E27CF14-2F2B-427B-BE03-023294EC2A6D431BF94D-57BA-4479-BD8C-2624D3E5E4F4Has anyone who uses a wheelchair / powerchair stayed at this hotel in 2018 or 2017 ? Really struggling to get accurate information. If you can help us with the following questions you would be doing us a huge favour….

Do the accessible wetroom bedrooms with roll in shower have a FIXED DROP DOWN SHOWER BENCH SEAT ? Similar to the pics attached. If no, can we hire in a wide stable shower seat locally in Orlando ?

The hotel looks vfm. Pool hoist in big pool area. But we noticed very mixed reviews, lots of great pictures then a slew of images of poorly maintained and cleaned bedrooms ? Staff reviews mostly good. Refurbished “tower” bedrooms seem to get best reviews, is this right.

And, can we walk, or roll, on pavements thru to iDrive and the IDrive trolley stops etc ?

Any help you can give us is much appreciated. Cheers, Mark

Josh Grisdale replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • tabifolk

Organizer
    August 26, 2018 at 7:44 am

Maybe @impactvacations knows?
    @impactvacations Do you have any experience with that hotel? Thanks!

• efcmark

August 27, 2018 at 4:23 am

Thanks to this my first messages on the group, the Avanti Palms have been in touch and promised some more information and thsnks to ‘impactvacations’ we have a useful insight into the hotel. Much appreciated. If all this is sorted we have a 32 night USA stay to plan for 2019 so I’m likely to be back !!

• tabifolk

Organizer
    August 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Great!
    When you get a reply with more information, please post it in this thread as it may be helpful to others in the future!

• efcmark

September 24, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Sadly, after so much appreciated support here, our trip to the Avanti Pslms isn’t happening. Read why here.

http://www.rustyman777.com/category/disability-issues/

Thsnk youneveryone for wading in and trying to help. Off in another direction now but really the hotel is pathetic and hadn’t a clue about the value of the disabled pound or dollar.

Cheers, Mark

• Josh Grisdale

September 24, 2018 at 10:38 pm

Oh no! That is horrible!

It never ceases to amaze me that

• No one ever considers that pictures make such a huge difference and
    • accessibility is a business opportunity!  We are paying customers and our reviews, both good and bad, have much stronger reverberation than “regular folk”

I sincerely hope that management read this and see that not only have they lost one customer, but any that read your warning.

Hopefully your trip in Europe.  Please do share about it on the site.

Skip to content