Accessability of Ronda, Spain

• Accessability of Ronda, Spain

Posted by Josh Grisdale on May 30, 2018 at 8:20 am

The log-in screen of my Windows 10 PC had a beautiful picture this morning.  I looked it up and it turned out to be Ronda, Spain. It was added to my “man, one day I’d love to go…” list.

Does anyone know about wheelchair accessibility?  Can you get there via public transport?  In a power wheelchair, can I access most places?

Thanks!

Josh Grisdale replied 5 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • keportercomcast-net

June 8, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I was in Ronda in  April (2018) with a small mobility scooter and did fine. The town has a few hills, but most of them are in the old town and aren’t generally steep.  It can be a bit bumpy due to the cobblestones, but the new town has paving. We didn’t stay overnight so I don’t know if there was accessible accommodations, but I would think so as its quite a bit larger than it appears from photos.

I don’t know about public transportation as we’d rented a car and drove from Granada (also accessible).

Overall, Spain’s accessibility is some of the best I’ve seen in Europe.  It appears they have made a concerted effort to make as many places accessible as possible.  The Spain rail system (Renfe) has the Attendo service (there’s an app for that) and you can sign up for someone to meet you at the train and use the portable left to raise you up over the steps onto the train.

• Josh Grisdale

June 9, 2018 at 1:36 pm

That is fantastic – thank you so much.  Now I can add it to my to do list!

Skip to content