Wheelchair accessible beaches in Tenerife

• Wheelchair accessible beaches in Tenerife

Posted by mrtiesto on April 9, 2019 at 10:03 am

Hello,

Does anyone have some suggestions for wheelchair accessible beaches in Tenerife, Spain?

I heard the island is pretty accessible, but not sure which beaches I should prioritize if I use a power wheelchair…

Joan Pahisa replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Melanie

April 10, 2019 at 5:32 pm

@mr_tiesto: I just came back from Tenerife. The best beach option for power wheelchair users definitely is the completely wheelchair-accessible beach ‘Playa de Las Vistas’ in Los Cristianos. It features an access ramp, accessible restrooms, a large wooden area exclusively for people with disabilities with sun umbrellas and sun beds, beach wheelchairs that float in the water, accessible showers, a transfer lift and helpful staff. This service is offered for free (except for sun umbrellas & beach beds).

Hope this helps ?!

• Joan Pahisa

January 23, 2023 at 12:07 am

I’ve recently been to Tenerife and I’m refloating this thread to add a chart with all the current accessible beaches in the island updated in 2022. The chart is in Spanish, but the icons are quite self-explanatory. The columns on the chart are: City, Beach, Parking for disabled people, Access to the beach by ramp, Accessible showers, Accessible restrooms/changing rooms, Boardwalks, Rest area (usually a wooden area a few meter from the sea), Beach wheelchair that floats in the water, Beach crutches, Availability of staff to assist you get to the water, Beach type.

https://sinpromi.es/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/PLAYAS-ACCESIBLES-EN-TENERIFE.-VERANO-2022.pdf

As you can see, there are many options. The south of the island has great weather all year round and is specially accessible, so I’d say it’s a great destination if you want a relaxing vacation.

Skip to content