Pool hoists

• Pool hoists

Posted by Kris on January 13, 2024 at 5:40 pm

Hey all, I’m new to the group so this is my first question. I heading to Dubai in Easter and I’m searching for a hotel that has a pool hoist, does anyone know of one?

Kris replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    January 13, 2024 at 6:55 pm

Hi there! Would be glad to help find some options for you. Are there any areas you would like to be in/near? Do you have a rough estimate of how much you will spend?

• Kris

January 14, 2024 at 6:27 pm

I’m thinking the Palm or Jumeirah beach area. If there is a pool with a hoist price won’t come into it as that is what I desperately want/need

• Anthony @ The World is Accessible

January 13, 2024 at 11:16 pm

Hey Kris,
    I’ve never been to Dubai personally, but I’ve just spent an ungodly amount of time looking through photographs from various hotels in the hopes of spotting a pool hoist! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find one. HOWEVER, I do believe it must exist. My recommendation would be to contact a bunch of the ‘chain hotels’ and let them know about your needs. I am certain at least a handful would either confirm that they have a hoist avialable, or offer to hire one for the duration of your stay.
    Sorry I was unable to be more specific with my recommendation at this stage. Will continue to ask around!
    Cheers,
    Anthony

• Kris

January 14, 2024 at 6:30 pm

Anthony that is so so kind of you. I to was looking through pictures on line but like you, came up short. I have asked a few travel agents to look into it but so far nothing. As you said, maybe best to draft an email and send it out to loads of hotels

• Anthony @ The World is Accessible

January 15, 2024 at 9:04 pm

I know it can be tiresome to have to reach out to so many hotels – but if you need any assistance with it, please let me know. I would be happy to help draft a few emails and send them out for you!

• Kris

January 15, 2024 at 10:01 pm

That is very kind of you Anthony, are you sure? I contacted a couple of companies which supply pool hoists to ask what hotels they have them fitted and I am waiting on a response from them

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    January 14, 2024 at 7:46 pm

You might also want to try YouTube. While a video might not necessarily be made to show accessibility, oftentimes ramps and pool lifts are visible in people’s videos.

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    January 15, 2024 at 12:48 pm

Still looking, but in doing so came across this:

https://www.manafethme.com/pool-hoist-lift/

And another:

https://www.marafek.com/product/swimming-pool-lifts/

They are in Dubai and can maybe let you know what hotels they have been installed at, or possibly they can rent to any hotel?

• Kris

January 15, 2024 at 10:03 pm

I’ve made contact with these companies and they are going to get back to me

• Kris

January 15, 2024 at 4:57 pm

That’s amazing thank you. I will make contact today. If I feel nd anything out I will let you you

Skip to content