Episode 4: Trouble in Paris
Join us on a fantastic tour of Paris to discover its accessibility secrets, followed by a thrilling horror story taking place on a freezing night at the Nagano Fireworks Festival. As always, there’ll be accessibility tips and our sounds of the world.
Episode transcription and full reports to download
- Full transcription of the episode in English.
- City of the Day: Paris complete accessibility report.
- Accessibility Horror Story: Trouble in Nagano.
If you enjoy the show and would like to share your experiences, go to troublewithme.com, scroll down to the “Be part of the Podcast” section and check the “List of Templates”. Reports and downloads for other episodes are also on troublewithme.com. We really appreciate your help! Thank you!
- Intro – 0:00
- What’s on the Menu? – 0:50
- City of the Day (Paris) – 1:33
- Accessibility Horror Story (Nagano) – 9:25
- Tip of the Day – 17:42
- If you are discriminated against, make yourself heard and complain, if you have the time and energy to do so.
- Call in advance to hotels, concert venues, festivals, etc. to double-check accessibility and/or ask locals about it (TabiFolk community is a great place to look for answers).
- Sounds of the World – 20:39
Where to listen
You can listen to this and other episodes of “Trouble with Me” podcast at the following platforms: Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, YouTube (with subtitles), Google Podcasts, Anchor and more.
Below, you can find “Episode 4. Trouble in Paris” on YouTube (English and Spanish subtitles available; other languages also available through YouTube’s automatic translation) and also as a stream on Anchor.
Uggg so many times I’ve bumped into that “we need to protect you form ‘unsafe’ things” attitude here in Japan. Glad you stood your ground. Hopefully that will have changed their minds and make it easier for others in the future.
That would be nice. I may go there in the future to see if they now have reserved seating and more willingness to welcome disabled people. Nevertheless, I’d do the reservation in advance, just in case xD