5 days in Northern Vietnam in May..what should we do?

• 5 days in Northern Vietnam in May..what should we do?

Posted by Unknown Member on April 14, 2018 at 12:02 pm

We will be spending about 5 days in Vietnam in May. Because Ha Long Bay is on my must-see list, I have decided to concentrate on northern Vietnam. We hope to visit 1-2 cities and we also enjoy light to moderate hiking/biking, so hope to see rice terraces and other scenic landscapes (Sa Pa/Mai Chau)…any suggestions/recommendations for places to visit and lodging? Need all the help we can get. Thx.

Unknown Member replied 6 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    April 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Hello,

Thanks for using the forum! So everyone can make relevant suggestions for your disability, can you please share you accessibility needs (wheelchair, visual impairment etc).

Thanks!

• Unknown Member

April 16, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I visited Ninh Binh last month and I have to say that it’s worth visiting. You can visit Bai Dinh pagoda – one of the biggest pagodas in the Southeast Asia or Trang An Ecotourism area with Skull Island – where Kong was filmed. If you want to visit Halong Bay then, it’s also convenient because it’s easy to transfer from Ninh Binh to Halong or vice versa.

• colleenrrandle

April 18, 2018 at 4:24 pm

The must-see destinations in the North are Hanoi, Sapa and Halong Bay. In Hanoi, you can visit Hoan Kiem Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum or the Temple of Literature. Sapa is in the mountainous area with many beautiful places and the interesting culture of the ethnic people living there. After visiting those places, you can head to Halong Bay – the most beautiful bay in Vietnam. You should experience the cruise tour there. It’s so amazing.

• Unknown Member

April 18, 2018 at 4:52 pm

[quote quote=2020]I visited Ninh Binh last month and I have to say that it’s worth visiting. You can visit Bai Dinh pagoda – one of the biggest pagodas in the Southeast Asia or Trang An Ecotourism area with Skull Island – where Kong was filmed. If you want to visit Halong Bay then, it’s also convenient because it’s easy to transfer from Ninh Binh to Halong or vice versa.[/quote]

Great! So have you been to Halong Bay? Any advice for me?

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    April 18, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Since the focus of these forums is on accessibility (wheelchair users, hearing impaired, etc), it would be great to get some input from the team at @roll-in-asia (http://www.rollinasia-travel.com/en) – since they specialize in accessible travel in Vietnam.

• Unknown Member

April 19, 2018 at 7:25 pm

I’ve been there twice when I went on business. The landscapes there were so amazing. I took a cruise to explore Halong and had an unforgettable trip there.

• Unknown Member

April 20, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Is it hard to take cruises in Halong? What about the services on the cruise?.

• Unknown Member

April 23, 2018 at 4:53 pm

There are numerous choices of the cruise in Halong so you don’t have to worry about it. Regarding the services, it’s up to your money. Luxury cruises are always the best choice and you can take La Pinta cruise as the reference. This is a new 5-star cruise but the cost is not too expensive.

The discussion ‘5 days in Northern Vietnam in May..what should we do?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now
Skip to content