Iberian Cruise

• Iberian Cruise

Posted by Patty on September 14, 2023 at 7:59 pm

My husband, a carer and I went on a week long cruise to the Iberian Peninsula and to Casablanca and Gibraltar. The carer got off at all the ports but she and I got off at Gibraltar and it was fascinating😀, I adored the macaques and their antics dashing around all the railings, going all about the various roads, dashing in and out of the crazy traffic😄. We went to the Great Siege Tunnel which was incredibly realistic the way they have put mannequins in for soldiers, nurses and doctors. There are holes in the side where they had the cannons sticking out of to shoot at the invaders. It was brilliantly done as I could feel the fear that the soldiers must have felt, awesome exhibition. I was also amazed at the number of container ships waiting to be refueled because the fuel is MUCH cheaper than in neighbouring Spain. We thoroughly enjoyed walking down Main Street in Gibraltar as there were quirky signs such as Gum & Butts relating to cigarette butts and chewing gum😊. A trip well worth doing, I loved it and would recommend highly to anyone who enjoys travel but couldn’t be bothered to pack and repack a suitcase to visit lots of exotic places

Patty replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Skip to content