Norwegian Cruise to see the Fjords

• Norwegian Cruise to see the Fjords

Posted by Patty on September 14, 2023 at 7:55 pm

My husband and I were lucky enough to go on the Queen Victoria (a Cunard ship) to the Norwegian Fjords many years ago. We had been to stay with friends in Stavanger many years before and this was the first time with me being in a wheelchair, it was when the Red Bull Beach Volleyball championships was in Stavanger when we were there years earlier definitely didn’t have the same ‘buzz’ to it😀. We didn’t get off the ship except at Bergen when we disembarked and had a look around the quayside. Of course it had the famous troll shop 😁. We ate all our meals in the relaxed dining area as neither my husband nor I were fans of getting ‘dolled’ up so to speak😀. We were thrilled with the crossing of the North Sea as it was incredibly calm both ways. On the last night I asked a lone diner if he’d like to share our table, as it happened the last time he’d been on this ocean was in WWII and he said the atmosphere was completely different then. I’ve never been in a war situation and I couldn’t bear to think how awful it must have been for those brave young sailors to be faced with not only bad weather but also the dreaded German U Boats. It was a fabulous cruise and I can recommend cruising to anyone who has a disability. I have been on another cruise since then but will post separately as it was to a different destination

😃

Patty replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Skip to content