We travel to Brussels, the capital of Europe, where, despite the beauty of its Old Town living up to its title, its overall accessibility doesn’t. We also discover The High Line Park, one of New York’s hidden gems and we get the dreaded air travel horror story.
Episode transcription and full reports to download
- Full transcription of the episode in English.
- City of the Day: Brussels complete accessibility report.
- Today’s Attraction: The High Line Park accessibility review.
- Accessibility Horror Story: Trouble in Tenerife.
If you enjoy the show and would like to share your experiences, go to troublewithme.com, scroll down to the “Be part of the Podcast” section and check the “List of Templates”. Reports and downloads for other episodes are also on troublewithme.com. We really appreciate your help! Thank you!
- Intro – 0:00
- What’s on the Menu? – 0:50
- City of the Day (Brussels) – 1:29
- Today’s attraction (The High Line Park) – 8:59
- Accessibility Horror Story (Tenerife) – 11:19
- Tip of the Day – 20:08
- Always carry an emergency kit of tools (cable ties, duct tape, velcro strips, screwdriver heads & wrenches that fit your device) for small repairs to your wheelchair or mobility device when traveling.
- If your device gets damaged during air travel, always file the complain at the airport (usually at the booth of your airline).
- Sounds of the World – 23:58
Where to listen
You can listen to this and other episodes of “Trouble with Me” podcast at the following platforms: Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, YouTube (with subtitles), Google Podcasts, Spotify Podcasters and more.
Below, you can find “Episode 8. Trouble in Brussels” on YouTube (English and Spanish subtitles available; other languages also available through YouTube’s automatic translation) and also as a stream on Spotify Podcasters.
Episode on YouTube
Episode on Spotify Podcasters