Accommodation in St Petersburg

• Accommodation in St Petersburg

Posted by stpetersburg-guide-anna on January 23, 2020 at 8:32 am

Saint Petersburg offers a wide range of accommodation options for its guests all around the city, in particular, for those with special needs. Among the most popular places are, of course, hotels and hostels. There are also B&B options, mini-hotels, apartments (not recommend for wheel-chaired tourists, as many halls of St Petersburg houses do not have elevators, instead the stairs are very long). The choice definitely depends on one’s budget and preferences. But, in fact, if you travel in a non-tourist season, it is possible to get a very nice room with a Neva river view very cheap, and it will be right in the city centre.

Some internationally known hotel brands, presented in Saint Petersburg, are especially popular among foreign guests. Probably, this situation is easy to compare with a case when people drive to McDonald’s anytime they arrive at a new city and want to grab a snack.

Anyway, among the most popular hotels in St Petersburg are Corinthia Hotels, Radisson Hotels, Renaissance by Marriott, Kempinski, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and others.

Anytime you visit Russia, you need to have temporary registration. All large hotels and some mini-hotels have such service. In some cases, though, you will have to pay extra. Better get to know all the opportunities before booking a spot.

As for the booking services, you can always get a room straight on some hotel’s website or via popular booking.com.

I wish you a wonderful trip to Saint Petersburg Russia! To learn more about the city, its attractions and travel tips, visit this website.

stpetersburg-guide-anna replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    January 23, 2020 at 9:09 am

Hello Anna,

What hotels have wheelchair accessible rooms?

• duxinco

February 23, 2020 at 12:30 pm

I am in the midst of planning our family trip to Russia (Moscow + St Petersburg) for March 2021. Obviously we haven’t been yet (!), but as I’ve been researching with my very tight / specific criteria I did come across the Petro Palace Hotel which advertises rooms specifically for disabled visitors.(http://www.petropalacehotel.com/en/guest_rooms_en/room_for_disabled_en/)

I can’t say I’ve seen other rooms designed for the disabled in the hotels I’ve been researching — I have a budget and a very small (geographic) area in which I’m willing to stay, so I’m not looking at The Four Seasons, for example.

But at least it’s one!

The Faberge Museum advertises on its website all they do to accommodate visitors with different abilities, and I am very impressed (by the website — will report next year what we thought in person.

• TabiFolk

Organizer
    February 26, 2020 at 9:17 am

Thanks for this great information!

• stpetersburg-guide-anna

March 9, 2020 at 6:04 am

There are also, for instance, Radisson Royal Hotel, Hotel Vera or Crowne Plaza. You can also can the following hotels: Azimut, Orbita, Lira, Petro Sport, Elizar Hotel, Neptune, Red Stars Hotel, Ibis, Holiday Inn, Inn Prybaltyiskaya, Nevsky Park Inn, Pulkovskaya, Grand and Europe. All of them should have accessible facilities.

Skip to content