Hotel review: [France] Residhome Valenciennes du théâtre

• Hotel review: [France] Residhome Valenciennes du théâtre

Posted by alison on November 25, 2017 at 5:20 am

I’m staying in the Residhome Valenciennes du théâtre in Valenciennes, Northern France in an accessible room.  This area of France has nice architecture and flat, but beautiful, scenery. Brussels is about an hour by car and Paris 2 hours.

I wish I could have given you a review of a more popular destination like Paris or Nice, but I am here on business.  The Residhome are a hotel chain throughout France with apartment like rooms for travelers or business people who want a simple room with a small kitchen and don’t need the the towels and bedsheets changed everyday. One night stays can also be booked.  On the internet I see that other Residhome Hotels also have accessible rooms, but it is probably best to check the features of each one before booking.

Luckily since I am here on business I have my tape measure with me and can give you the specifics!

Firstly, there is large bedroom with 1.5m space on both sides of the bed and a small kitchen on one side with the area under the sink cut out for a wheelchair.  The double bed is 50 cm off the ground.

The toilet/shower room is absolutely huge.  The shower is roll in type and the sink is cut out underneath.  There is portable 50 cm by 50 cm sturdy plastic seat that can be placed in the shower and a grab bar fastened on the wall.  The toilet also has a grab bar on one side.

The biggest bump to get over with a wheelchair is a 2cm step in the door frame to get into the apartment.  The door is a bit heavy and needs to be pushed to get in.  All of the doorways inside are 85 cm wide (inside dimensions) and the flooring inside is smooth with no carpeting.

Outside the hotel is disabled park spots.  The accessible room that I am in is number 211 and there is an elevator.

Here is the link:

http://www.residhome.com/residence-hoteliere-aparthotel-valenciennes-229.html

TabiFolk replied 6 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • TabiFolk

Organizer
    November 25, 2017 at 11:35 am

Fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

Skip to content