Wheelchair-accessible 4 Star Design Hotel in Paris

• Wheelchair-accessible 4 Star Design Hotel in Paris

Posted by Melanie on January 13, 2019 at 1:21 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to share a nice hotel discovery at Gare de Lyon in Paris/12th Arrondissement. The Citizen M Paris Gare de Lyon is a modern and new design hotel. This 4-star hotel is super accessible. So far I’ve stayed there twice. There is one wheelchair-accessible room per floor (and it has 14 floors). The spacious rooms are equipped with a large roll-in shower (with a wall-mounted shower chair), there is transfer space next to the toilet, and you can roll under the sink. I traveled in my Permobil F5 VS and was more than happy to discover this excellent hotel room.

I have already booked my next stays there.

telebarryg replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • yafuu-daruma

January 14, 2019 at 10:51 am

Wow, one per floor!!  Does that mean that there are different grades of accessible rooms (eg a standard accessible room, deluxe accessible room, etc) or are they all the same?

Thanks!

• Melanie

January 14, 2019 at 5:26 pm

@Yafuu-Daruma

The accessible rooms are all the same. I stayed on the 12th floor and had nice views of Paris. The second time I stayed on the 8th floor. The room layout was the exact same.

The concept of the CitizenM chain doesn’t provide different room categories. Which is pretty good as the prices are the same for everyone.

• telebarryg

January 15, 2019 at 1:17 am

Thanks for the information!

I have stayed in Paris in the past and found it inaccessible mostly because of the old buildings and cobbled streets. I have made a note about the Citizen M. If I get back to Paris (hopefully), that is where I’ll stay.

Thank you!

Skip to content