Henley-on-Thames,

• Henley-on-Thames,

Posted by cathp on March 9, 2018 at 8:34 am

Help please, I’m looking for wheelchair accessible, self catering accommodation, within an hours drive of Henley-on-Thames, 29/6/18 – 6/7/18, MUST have profiling bed or allow hired bed to be put in situ, 2 people, 1 wheelchair user,
    Here’s hoping ?

Josh Grisdale replied 6 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

March 9, 2018 at 11:59 am

Hello,

Have you tried Accomable?  They were just bought by Airbnb but the listings still show up.  You likely cannot use the system to book a place anymore but you could try contacting the places listed directly?

Here are the listings for Henley-on-Thames:

https://www.accomable.com/posts/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=Henley-on-Thames%2C+UK&number_accommodates=2&commit=Search

Hope this helps!

• cathp

March 9, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Thank you Josh, profiling beds at holiday rentals are a scarcity, so yes it is just a process of contacting individuals to see if they allow a bed to be installed short term, so far ( & understandably) they don’t have the room to store the other bed!!?? I have found a B&B willing to do this but really wanted self catering.

Thank you

• Josh Grisdale

March 9, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Well, every time we ask a hotel/accommodation for something, even if they don’t have it, it at least puts it in their head that some people want it.  Hopefully it will encourage them to act…

Just for interest’s sake, and for whoever reads this, what was the name/url of the B&B?

Any other leads?

• cathp

March 9, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Kingfisherbarns, Abingdon, Oxford

really helpful lady, who also informed me, that if you contact your NHS O.T. Sometimes, if you are eligible they can sometimes arrange the hire of mobility equipment, beds etc through the NHS.

Who knew?! ?

• Josh Grisdale

March 10, 2018 at 9:07 am

That is good to know – sometimes the useful info doesn’t spread far enough!

Skip to content